The McKinney Education Foundation offers programs to enrich education in McKinney and to help and encourage McKinney’s students to go to college. The Scholarships program awards scholarships to McKinney graduates; the MEF Advisors program helps students and their parents find funds for college; the Staff Grants program awards professional development and classroom grants to MISD teachers and staff; and the McKinney Ex-Students Association holds reunions, awards scholarships and promotes fellowship.
Scholarship applications are available each January and students will be notified in May whether or not they will receive a scholarship. Scholarships will be awarded at the annual MEF Scholarship Award Ceremony each May. For more information on scholarships or applying for college, contact an MEF Advisor located on each of the high school campuses or the MEF office at 469-302-6313.
The McKinney Education Foundation Advisors are located on the three main high school campuses to provide McKinney ISD students with information and support to pursue a higher education. MEF Advisors encourage students to dream about and plan for college and guide parents through the process. Over the last seven years, MEF Advisors have helped McKinney graduates find and receive $54 million in scholarship funds!
The MEF Advisors program places higher education advisors in each McKinney high school. These advisors help hundreds of students and parents each year enroll in and find funds for college. These advisors:
- Help students locate and apply for scholarships and financial aid
- Assist students with essays for college admission and inform English teachers in the McKinney high schools about essay topics
- Meet with parents to educate them about colleges and the college admissions process
- Establish and maintain relationships with admissions and financial aid departments of colleges
- Assist students with financial aid and FAFSA forms
DreamBuilders are generous local businesses that provide year-round funding for our MEF Advisor Program:
- Emerson Process Management Regulator Technologies
- Encore Wire
- Gay, McCall, Isaacks, Gordon & Roberts, P.C.
- Heritage Eye Center
- Independent Bank
- MEF Board of Trustees
- McKinney ISD
- Medical Center of McKinney/Mr. Ernest Lynch
- Pogue, Inc.