The MEF Grant application is closed. Grant applicants can expect to hear from the MEF Grant Committee toward the end of the fall 2016 semester.
MEF Grant applications will open again in August 2017.
MISD Payroll Contribution (MEF Staff Fund)
The MEF Staff Fund is used to award professional development and classroom grants to MISD teachers and staff. It is also used to award scholarships to students of MISD employees. Payroll contributions from MISD teachers and staff as well as donations from individuals and businesses fund the MEF Staff Fund. When you contribute to the fund:
- You support creativity and innovation in MISD.
- You enhance the quality of education in McKinney.
- Your contribution is tax-deductible.
- If you are a teacher applying for a grant, you receive an extra point when scoring your classroom and professional development grant applications.
Enroll using this form: MISD Staff Contribution Form
The McKinney Education Foundation awards Professional Development and Classroom Grants to deserving MISD teachers and staff. Most funds for these grants are donated by MISD staff themselves through the MEF Staff Fund/MISD Payroll deductions.
Awarding grants to teachers directly impacts the quality of education in McKinney. The grants give teachers the freedom to implement innovative ideas that otherwise would go unfunded. Grants also help teachers take courses, attend seminars, and engage in other activities that help them to develop as professionals and educators. An investment in McKinney teachers is an investment in the quality of education in McKinney.
Applications for Classroom and Professional Grants open each September. Classroom Grants are awarded in December and Professional Grants remain open until funds are depleted.
MISD Employee Benefits of Donating to MEF Staff Fund
MISD employees completing a Classroom or Professional Development Grant Application will:
- Receive one (1) extra point on his/her grant application
- Agree that if awarded, the grant remains with the employee’s current campus even if the employee were to leave the campus.
Students of MISD Employees will automatically be considered for the MISD Staff Fund Scholarship during their senior year as long as:
- The parent is a current employee of McKinney Independent School District
- The McKinney ISD parent is a current donor of $20 or more during school year 2015-2016
- The student successfully submits the MEF Scholarship Application BEFORE the deadline and marks the box on the application showing the parent is an MISD employee